1. Who are we?
Bethesda Chapel is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
2. What is your personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enforced with effect from 25 May 2018.
3. How do we process your personal data?
BETHESDA CHAPEL complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
• To administer membership records;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications);
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at BETHESDA CHAPEL and other related organisations with which we have a close relationship
• To share your contact details with others where there is a Statutory Requirement eg HMRC or where is necessary for you to be included in an event eg dietary requirements
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Your explicit consent is required so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out provided: –
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with us in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with statutory guidelines eg Payroll & Gift Aid records for 6 years after the tax year to which they relate. Unless we are required to keep your data for statutory purposes:
– we retain membership records whilst they are still current.
– we keep data specific to events until the event has finished and up to 6 months after the finish date.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which BETHESDA CHAPEL holds about you;
• The right to request that BETHESDA CHAPEL corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for BETHESDA CHAPEL to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time
• The right to request that where possible BETHESDA CHAPEL transmits your data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability)
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of your personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing, and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact
Mr D Reed, Bethesda Chapel, Fairoaks, Dinas Powys, South Wales. CF64 4QU Tel 02920 512665 Email email@example.com
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit.
To learn more about cookies, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to block and delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
The Cookies We Use
Google Analytics – These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
This data helps us to understand:
• Which pages people visit on the site
• Which internet browsers are being used
• What is popular on the site
• Which interactive tools are used by visitors
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
If you ‘Like’ or ‘Tweet’ using these services, third party websites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service (like Facebook or Twitter). We do not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these cookies.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
BETHESDA CHAPEL is not responsible for the availability or content of external sites that may be linked to, from the site. If you find a broken link or if you have any questions or concerns about a link, please contact us.